Friday, June 3, 2011

The Five W's of My Book Blog

Why?
 I recently blogged about my love of picture books on my family blog.  The post was called "Read to Me" and while proof reading it, I noticed something extraordinary.  Just reading over my list of 30 Picture Books That Rock made me happy and provided me with a myriad of other emotions in rapid succession produced by memories held within each title.  Some books on my list make me feel peaceful and sleepy owing to the fact that it is a beloved bedtime read for my children.  Some titles elicited excitement as I recalled the first time I was "wow"-ed by the beauty of the illustrations and the flow of words contained within those wonderful pages.  Many produced nostalgia as I recalled with which child I discovered my love for that book.  In reading that list, I experienced quick flashes of my time spent as a mother.  It was a surprising and remarkable experience.

It is an experience I hope to repeat.  Thus, the creation of this blog.  I must confess that I tried a number of titles before I found a web address that was available, but I am very pleased with what I finally landed on.  Happiness Between Pages is a definitive description of how I feel about books.  I have found so much happiness, excitement, and knowledge while turning the pages of a book that I am bursting to share a little of what I've experienced.


Who?
I don't expect this blog to be widely read.  I have no clue how to get it out there into the wide world of book blogs (of which I have discovered of late, there are many.)  But, I'll give a brief introduction to me just for fun.

My name is Ambra.  An unusual name which means that people either never forget it, or never get it in the first place.  I am not one to snootily correct people so I have been known to answer to Amber.  In seventh grade, I answered to Ambree for an entire year of Social Studies.

I am a wife and mother of four who tries to squeeze in reading, writing, and scrapbooking as I move through my days of humdrum chores and those few exquisite moments with family and friends that make it all worthwhile. 

What?
This is a book blog in which I will record memories, lists, opinions and reviews of current readings...  and whatever else I feel like regarding books.

Where?
Here.  Sheesh.  Pay attention.

When?
Whenever I have a burning desire to share.  Please don't think it too odd when I post something at 3am.  Sometimes I get up early and it's the only quiet time I get around here.


No comments:

Post a Comment